It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RQM TCER be updated with a Test Plan after execution?

Jennifer Carver (111) | asked Feb 28 '14, 12:52 p.m.
Can RQM Test Case Execution Records be updated with a Test Plan after execution?   The TCER was created upon execution of the test case and the proper Test Plan was not selected from the drop down so it defaulted to "Unassigned".  The result does not show up in the proper Test Plan role up.  When attempting to reassign the Test Plan, the system won't allow it since a result is attached.  Is there any way around this?

2 answers

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Feb 28 '14, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jennifer,

You cannot update Test plan for a TCER that already has a result. Only workaround I can think of is deleting result and then updating Test Plan.

-Vidya

Comments
Hivzo C. commented Oct 24 '14, 7:09 a.m.

I could duplicate a TCER but the result is not following.

So I guess that you can not duplicate or move a result, but only duplicate an empty TCER. And that actually brings very little value as you could just create a new empty TCER.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 02 '14, 5:18 a.m.
If you don't need to care about the results, you can duplicate TCER(RQM 4.0.3 and later  has the option of "Duplicate Execution Record") and specify the target testplan, then the subsequent execution would have
the new testplan associated, although this duplicated TCER is actually a new one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.