It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrate RTC with EGit

Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes (10910) | asked Feb 28 '14, 12:51 p.m.
Hi guys,

Quick question, is possible to integrate EGit and RTC?, what I'm trying to do is to link Egit commits with RTC work items, I found the Git adapter for RTC, but it uses GitWeb, I never used GitWeb before, but what I understand it is a web interface to explore Git repositories, but I want to make commits from EGit not from GitWeb, is this possible? also my git repository and RTC project is hosted on JazzHub.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered May 02 '14, 9:37 p.m.
Work item linking with Git repositories hosted at JazzHub (now IBM DevOps Services) is now available. See "Link work items to your Git Commits" on the What's New page here: https://hub.jazz.net/whatsnew
Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes commented May 05 '14, 10:24 a.m.

That's great news! thanks for the update

4 other answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered May 04 '14, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,
    In the upcoming release, RTC is going to support Git as an alternate SCM. This will include having processes and permissions defined for your Git repositories and branches and linking your Git commits to work items. You can use EGit or any other Git Client. We don't have a N&N published on jazz.net yet, but [CCM] Improve Git Integration Phase 1 - Work Items and Process integration (281021) will hopefully give you an idea.

Cheers
--Rupa

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 03 '14, 7:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Cesar,
JazzHub currently uses the Git Adapter to link commits in GitHub to work items, so if your project is connected to a GitHub repo, this integration is built in.  It seems reasonable that we could extend this integration to our hosted git repos.  I've made a note in a work item for your request.

permanent link
Douglas Bush (28125) | answered Mar 01 '14, 11:05 a.m.
edited Mar 01 '14, 11:07 a.m.

Hi Cesar, perhaps you already reviewed the help in the Rational Adapter for Git information center.  But if not, note that the overview topic says:

"With IBM® Rational Adapter for Git you can link Git commits and Gerrit changes with Rational Team Concert work items.... Developers can continue to use their preferred Git client, such as EGit or command line, to commit and push their source code changes."

See the video and the following help topics in that section for more details.
I hope that helps,

- Doug

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Feb 28 '14, 1:48 p.m.
edited Feb 28 '14, 1:51 p.m.
 Yes, it is possible to connect EGit and JazzHub (RTC). You can find details at https://hub.jazz.net/tutorials/clients#egit

Comments
Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes commented Feb 28 '14, 4:02 p.m.

Yes, I already did that, but what I want to do is to link Git commits with RTC work items, but all the tutorial I found are using GitWeb and I want to use EGit, but I'm not sure if this is possible. Using the adapter I can link it using a syntax like this on the commit comment "bug(testProject) 542", this will link the commit with the work item 542, but again, this is for GitWeb and I want to use Egit.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.