It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Server and application server setup - IBM i

Sasikumar Manickam (1035) | asked Feb 26 '14, 7:59 p.m.
retagged Feb 27 '14, 9:42 a.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
We have JTS 4.0.5 installed on IBM i platform + WAS 7.0
When we tried to setup using this URL  http://myserver:9441/jts/setup, we are getting

We're Sorry... The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable. If you used the default ADMIN user to log in, you likely disabled it during the setup. Try again using the new admin user you created during the setup.Try again.

There is no ADMIN id in IBM i Using WAS admin console, I added JTSADMIN user profile "Enterprise Applications > jts.war > Security role to user/group mapping" Still I am getting same error.

Thanks-

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Feb 27 '14, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since it does not prompt for log in, I would check the following global security settings in WebSphere:

Ref: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_deploy_cluster_setup_was_user_registry.html&scope=null

1. Click Security > Global security. In the "Java™ 2 security" section, clear the Use Java 2 security to restrict application access to local resources check box. Make sure that the Enable administrative security and Enable application security check boxes are selected.
  2. In the Authentication section, click Web and SIP security > General settings, and then select the Use available authentication data when an unprotected URI is accessed check box.

Sasikumar Manickam selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sasikumar Manickam commented Feb 27 '14, 11:30 a.m.

It worked! Thank you Kot !!!

3 other answers

permanent link
Sasikumar Manickam (1035) | answered Feb 27 '14, 10:49 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '14, 11:01 a.m.

Thanks Kot & Alex..

Message shows right away and used different browser and tried to login from different machine too. still shows the same message.

I have added JTSADMIN and my user profile to CCM and JTS war and restarted. still the same message displayed.

WAS 7.0 - Integrated Solutions Console, 7.0.0.0 Build Number: r0835.03 Build Date: 8/31/08

PORTS

WC_adminhost_secure * 9444
WC_defaulthost * 9441
WC_defaulthost_secure * 9443

Enterprise Applications > jts.war > Security role to user/group mapping

JazzAdmins
None JTSADMIN JAZZADMINS
SMANICK
JazzDWAdmins
None SMANICK JAZZDWADMS
JTSADMIN
JazzUsers
None SMANICK JAZZUSERS
JTSADMIN
JazzGuests
None SMANICK JAZZGUESTS
JTSADMIN
Pict
JazzProjectAdmins
None SMANICK JAZZPJADMS
JTSADMIN

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered Feb 27 '14, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sasikumar,

Go back to your WAS console and add your userid that you use to logon to the iSeries with to the JazzAdmins role for both ccm.war & jts.war, restart the server then see if you're able to logon.

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Feb 27 '14, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sasikumar,

When you navigate to /jts/setup, does it prompt you to login or it shows the message right away? If the latter, ensure you are not logged in to WebSphere console in the same browser.

Can you log in to /jts/admin or /ccm/web using JTSADMIN user?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.