It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is possible to link RTC work items with EGit commits?

Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes (10910) | asked Feb 26 '14, 5:42 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I have a repository hosted on JazzHub and I'm connected to that repo through EGit, and I'm trying to use the Team Area that JazzHub provides while creating a repository, my main goal is to integrate RTC and EGit, I know that there is an adapter to link RTC WI with Git commits, but the question is, can I use the same adapter to link a WI with a commit made on EGit? or I need another kind of adapter to achieve this?

I downloaded the adapter from here https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-oslc-adapter-for-git/releases/1.1

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 03 '14, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Cesar,
JazzHub currently uses the Git Adapter to link commits in GitHub to work items, so if your project is connected to a GitHub repo, this integration is built in.  It seems reasonable that we could extend this integration to our hosted git repos.  I've made a note in a work item for your request.

Comments
Cesar Ivan Orozco Cervantes commented Mar 03 '14, 12:24 p.m. | edited Mar 03 '14, 12:26 p.m.

Hi,

It would be great if JazzHub had support to link commits from a repository hosted on JazzHub to the RTC project hosted there too.

I still have problems to create links, this is what I'm doing

1.- Created a repository on GitHub.
2.- Created a project on JazzHub and connect the repo.
3.- Create a defect on JazzHub.
4.- On JazzHub commit the change with a message "Fixed bug 721" (721 is the WI)
5.- Then I went to the links tab on the JazzHub RTC.

but I can see the link to the commit, is there any tutorial for this?
Thanks

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Mar 03 '14, 12:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Cesar,
It looks like you need to configure the hook on your GitHub project. If you access your project page on hub.jazz.net, there will be a link on the left to "configure GitHub."  The link will take you to the complete set of instructions for setting up the integration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.