It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Query for Approval Status

Dhruva Kumar (532932) | asked Feb 25 '14, 10:48 p.m.
Hi,

Wrote a query for tasks which are approved/rejected/pending.

Is it possible to have status "approved/rejected/pending" in query.

Please find the attachments.

In query display tab Approval is not listed.

Query :

When run the query, it shows all the tasks which are approved/rejected.

In Status, would like to see “Approved”.

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 26 '14, 12:02 a.m.
I assume you want to know which Tasks have approval record which as pending, approval records rejected, and approval records approved.

In you query, you can expand "Approval Descriptors" to see Cumulative State and Type.  So you could add the Cumulative State of "Approval" type records into the query. 

I don't believe you can get the Status to show anything other than what the work item status actually *is*.  As well, this "Cumulative Status" is not an available column in the Selected Columns of a query.  So unless you have "Approved" as a state in the Workflow for a Task, you wouldn't see that as far as I know.

In 4.0.5 (maybe somewhere between 4001 and 405, I only have those 2 eclipse clients), you can select to include archived and/or links into the Available Columns.    One of those says "Approvals" and when I added that, I get something like this in the  Approvals column of the display:
Verifi: Pending (1/1)

So that may give you what you are looking for.

Susan

permanent link
Dhruva Kumar (532932) | answered Feb 25 '14, 10:59 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.