It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delete button on Work Item no longer visible even with JazzProjectAdmins permission

Karen Steele (1.2k1134139) | asked Feb 25 '14, 9:29 a.m.
We just upgraded our server to 4.0.5 - whilst everything looks good, it seems that the repository permissions have been affected..

My ID has the JazzUsers and JazzProjectAdmins repository permission, but when I attempt to create a new project area the system tells me that I must have JazzProjectAdmin to perform this function - I do !!!

The delete button on work items has also disappeared off the button bar in the work items.

Has anybody seen this in this release - couldn't find a defect logged

Comments
Vince Thyng commented Aug 27 '14, 12:41 p.m. | edited Aug 27 '14, 12:42 p.m.

I have double and triple checked that my user has JazzProjectAdmin privilege, that the group for JazzProjectAdmin is correctly linked to the LDAP group, and that the user's assigned Scrum Master role has Delete Work Item privilege.  The Delete work item button/link is not appearing.  We are on RTC 4.0.4.  Karen, did you ever figure out what was wrong?

Vince Thyng commented Sep 03 '14, 5:25 p.m.

Rational support has reproduced this, so it is looking like a bug.  I will post an answer when I know which work item is tracking the issue.

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Feb 25 '14, 12:55 p.m.
Hi Karen

JazzUsers and JazzProjectAdmins repository permission but still the user should be member of the Process roles and Process roles should be having permission to do the respective actions ( like Delete Workitem)

Please find the link below.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_deleting_work_items.html&scope=null

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Arun

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.