It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to change display icon of change sets in Web UI?

Sanjeev Kulkarni (331722) | asked Feb 24 '14, 7:51 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 9:27 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I want to distinguish between a completed (right click on change set and click complete) change set, a discarded change set and a delivered change set. When I look at change sets attached to a work item in the Web client, their icons are all the same.

In Eclipse client the display icon differs between an active (open) change set and a completed (closed) change set.
However, the icon for completed, discarded and a delivered change set is the same.

Can display icons be changed for change sets? If so then how?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 11:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that "delivered" and "discarded" are not states of a change set.
"Discard" is an action that removes a change set from a workspace, so it has an effect on the state of the workspace, but not on the state of the change set.
Similarly, "deliver" is an action that adds one or more change sets to a "flow target" (usually a stream, but can be a workspace), so it has an effect on the state of the flow target, but not on the state of the change set.
On the other hand "completed" is part of the state of a change set.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 02 '16, 9:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To summarize Geoffreys comment. A change set really has two states, active (open) and completed (closed). These states have different icons in the Eclipse and VS clients (I can't recall offhand if this is true in the web UI, I suspect not actually, but I think there is an work item opened for this)

A change set cannot have a different icon for 'delivered' or 'discarded' since they could be delivered to multiple streams while at the same time discarded from multiple workspaces.. i.e this is more of a property of the workspace/stream and not of the change sets themselves.

To answer the specific question: There is no way to customize the icon in either the Eclipse or Web UI clients.
Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '14, 7:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I doubt this is possible in the Web UI. Even if, it might be really expensive to do. I would suggest to create an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.