It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending RTC Client - How to query a repository for the date of a specific baseline or snapshot

Hazem Darwish (133) | asked Feb 24 '14, 7:33 a.m.
 1.From an RTC eclipse client ,how to programatically display a list of available snapshots/baselines for a current stream .
2.Once a snapshot is selected by the user , how to (programatically) get the creation date for that snapshot ?

The purpose is to keep that date for later comparison with modification dates of single file in the current stream.
3. How to get the list of files modified or created after a specific date ?

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 24 '14, 12:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To find all files in a specified stream that are created/modified after a specific date, you can use the "Search -> Jazz Source Control -> Change Sets ..." operation in the Eclipse client.

Comments
Hazem Darwish commented Feb 24 '14, 1:39 p.m.

Thank you Geoffrey !

Is there a way to run the same query by the means of APIs ? With the purpose of having a list of files in the memory to be treated further before being displayed to the user ?(display is mostly within RTC client)

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 1:49 p.m.

The easy answer is "yes, there is a way to run the same query by means of the API" (since that's all the client has at its disposal).   But I'll have to defer to others to give you guidance on what specific APIs to use.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '14, 7:55 a.m.
Hi,

you can use IWorkspaceConnection.getBaselineSets(monitor) to get the baseline sets (as far as I know a baseline set is a snapshot)

You can use IBaselineSet.getCreationDate() on the baseline to get the date

I can't answer the last one. I posted code that you can study here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/extracting-an-archive-into-jazz-scm-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

Comments
Hazem Darwish commented Feb 24 '14, 1:34 p.m.

Thank you Ralph ! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.