It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter files in RTC to only show files following a specific path/name pattern

Hazem Darwish (133) | asked Feb 24 '14, 6:17 a.m.
retagged Feb 24 '14, 9:25 a.m. by Sonia Dimitrov (27159)
The objective is to locate and show only a subset of specific files in a component within a repository . The files have specific extension(s) and  they follow a certain path pattern.
A pattern such as  **/dir_n/**/*.properties or **/dir_x/*.xml
where ** = one or more sub-directories in the path. 

Some thoughts :
The issue could be divided or approached at two levels ( either or both at once)
1. Finding or filtering the files through a query to the repository.
2. Filtering at the navigator view level . 

Any help with the implementation of these thoughts or any other thoughts will be useful and is much appreciated ! 
Thank you.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 24 '14, 12:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you want to search in the current state of a particular stream or workspace, in a particular snapshot/baseline, across the current state of all streams/workspaces, or against all historical states of all streams/workspaces?

Hazem Darwish commented Feb 24 '14, 1:29 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '14, 1:37 p.m.

Hello Geoffrey,

Thank you for your answer.
I want to search / filter according to the path patterns within the current stream or workspace. 

On a second level of filtering, I might refer to previous versions in specific baseline/snapshot for other criteria and for the comaprison of files
P.S. I posted this second issue on the forum as a separate question

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 24 '14, 1:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not aware of any built-in UI mechanisms to perform this kind of general path expression searching, but it is something you could implement using the RTC SCM Java API (but I'll need to defer to the RTC SCM Java API experts to give you guidance on how to do so).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.