It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I edit the project description for my JazzHub project?

Chris McGee (1111) | asked Feb 23 '14, 7:28 p.m.
I used to be able to edit the project description of my project directly from the project summary page. There is a gear button on the top-right that brings me to a page where I can edit the description and add a photo. When I try to edit the description there is no save button or anything to persist the changes. When I go back to the project summary page the description remains the same.

2 answers

permanent link
McQ Wilson (613) | answered Feb 23 '14, 7:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
 Click on the "settings" gear on the right hand side of the project home page. You can modify the description from there.

Comments
Chris McGee commented Feb 23 '14, 7:32 p.m.

Unfortunately, any changes I make there are not persisted. There is no save button on the page. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome.

McQ Wilson commented Feb 23 '14, 7:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

I just tried it. Type in the box, then go see if the description has changed on the main page. It worked for me. 

McQ Wilson commented Feb 23 '14, 7:40 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '14, 12:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Ok, try this... type in the description, then click on the project name box. At that point I see a "description saved" message. Not very intuitive, but it works

McQ Wilson commented Feb 23 '14, 7:41 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '14, 12:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

You should report this as a poor workflow, btw.

Chris McGee commented Feb 23 '14, 7:50 p.m.

Thanks, but this doesn't seem to be working for me.

I already have a description for my project. I am trying to remove a few extra lines of text. I delete the extraneous text and click in the project name box. I am not getting any "description saved" message anywhere on the page.

The project is sirnewton | godev.

Perhaps the URL in the existing description is causing problems?

Thanks,
Chris

McQ Wilson commented Feb 23 '14, 7:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Ah, well, apologies for steering your wrong then, Chris. It did work when I tried it. Definitely report the bug. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Jennifer Hayes (561) | answered Feb 24 '14, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris. It's a known bug that edits to the project description are not always being preserved. For the interim we are going to add Save and Discard Changes to project description changes. It's very likely though that ultimately we will change this back to edit in place on the project home page. Thanks for your feedback!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.