It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

where can we find documentation about SMALL_PROFILE, MEDIUM_PROFILE, LARGE_PROFILE, DEFAULT_PROFILE, FULL_PROFILE ?

Isabel Murakami (3811615) | asked Feb 21 '14, 4:55 p.m.
Hi RTC community,

Using Java API, we want to get some attributes, for instance, Subscribers:
IWorkItem workingCopy = (IWorkItem) fWorkItemServer.getAuditableCommon().resolveAuditable(workItem, IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE, monitor).getWorkingCopy();
ISubscriptions subscriptions = workingCopy.getSubscriptions();
for (IContributorHandle subscriberHandle : subscribers) {
      subscriptions.add(subscriberHandle);
}
IStatus saveStatus = fWorkItemServer.saveWorkItem2(workingCopy, null, null);

- in the first line, we have the profile as we get the working copy of the work item
- then we get the Subscriptions, and for each of the subscriberHandles that are passed it, we add a subscription for that person
-then save the work item
if we change FULL_PROFILE to anything else (SMALL, MEDIUN, LARGE or DEFAULT), we get an Exception.

we were programmatically adding a subscriber but we really don't want to have to do that for  everything we need to do

==> what is the difference between DEFAULT and FULL? or LARGE and FULL? or MEDIUM and FULL?
==> What are the attributes returned/available when using IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE,  IWorkItem.MEDIUM_PROFILE, IWorkItem.LARGE_PROFILE, IWorkItem.DEFAULT_PROFILE ?
==> where can we find documentation on which PROFILE is the MINIMUM required based on what they need to read or modify ?   

We don't want to load more than we need to as that would impact the system
so if we can use just SMALL_PROFILE, then we should do that instead of just using FULL_PROFILE for everything

since we (extenders) need to use this all of the time, we need somewhere that gives us enough info to properly make a determination of which profile is needed

- Same question here:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=9328
However it does not fully explain the content of each Profile, as Customer is complaining.

3 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 21 '14, 6:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Isabel,

while I completely concur that it would be useful to have this described in detail in the documentation, field lore as persisted in Ralph Schoons blog will at least tell you that:

- SMALL_PROFILE loads PROJECT_AREA_PROPERTY, ID_PROPERTY, TYPE_PROPERTY, SUMMARY_PROPERTY, OWNER_PROPERTY

- You can create your own custom profile by using e.g. IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE.createExtension(Arrays.asList(new String[] { STATE_PROPERTY, PRIORITY_PROPERTY, SEVERITY_PROPERTY, CREATOR_PROPERTY, WORKFLOW_SURROGATE_PROPERTY, DESCRIPTION_PROPERTY, }));

- All profiles you mention are defined in com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IWorkItem

If this helps you please mark the answer as accepted.

Thanks,
Arne

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Feb 21 '14, 8:14 p.m.

I opened a PMR to get this information.  I don't want to create my own profile and I saw in Ralph's post that he tells what is in the SMALL_PROFILE.  What I am looking for is the same list of what the profile loads for MEDIUM_PROFILE, LARGE_PROFILE, and DEFAULT_PROFILE. 

I assume I am not alone as an extender which uses these PROFILEs.  Are you saying that I have to go get the actual source of IWORKITEM and look?

Susan

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 22 '14, 9:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 23 '14, 1:33 a.m.
Susan,
currently it seems that this information is not documented outside of the actual source. I personally think it is a very valid request to have it documented so I took the liberty of opening the following Enhancement Request 304610.
Until that is resolved, here are the results from RTC SDK source code (thanks to contribution of Ralph Schoon):

SMALL_PROFILE loads PROJECT_AREA_PROPERTY, ID_PROPERTY, TYPE_PROPERTY, SUMMARY_PROPERTY, OWNER_PROPERTY

DEFAULT_PROFILE = SMALL_PROFILE + (STATE, PRIORITY, SEVERITY, CREATOR, WORKFLOW_SURROGATE, DESCRIPTION)

MEDIUM_PROFILE = DEFAULT_PROFILE + (RESOLUTION, CREATION_DATE, CATEGORY, DUE_DATE, DURATION)

LARGE_PROFILE = MEDIUM_PROFILE + (COMMENTS)

FULL_PROFILE = everything

If this is useful, please mark the answer as accepted.
Thanks,

Arne

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 22 '14, 7:52 p.m.

thanks Arne, great post..    

could I ask a favor, could you merge the small profile info from above into your answer, so that is all in one posting.. 

thank you..

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 23 '14, 4:21 a.m.
I pulled the SDK source code for 4.0.0.1 and here is what I found:

SMALL_PROFILE: PROJECT_AREA_PROPERTY, ID_PROPERTY, TYPE_PROPERTY, SUMMARY_PROPERTY, OWNER_PROPERTY

DEFAULT_PROFILE: SMALL_PROFILE + STATE_PROPERTY, PRIORITY_PROPERTY, SEVERITY_PROPERTY, CREATOR_PROPERTY, WORKFLOW_SURROGATE_PROPERTY, DESCRIPTION_PROPERTY

MEDIUM_PROFILE: DEFAULT_PROFILE  + RESOLUTION_PROPERTY, CREATION_DATE_PROPERTY, CATEGORY_PROPERTY, DUE_DATE_PROPERTY, DURATION_PROPERTY

LARGE_PROFILE= MEDIUM_PROFILE + (CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE_PROPERTIES) + COMMENTS_PROPERTY

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.