It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an open method in RTC API to get which workitems are prevent editing?

su jianrong (635) | asked Feb 21 '14, 6:22 a.m.
My work(develop a software work with RTC) need to check if  the work item can edit or not? So I need to get which work items are prevent editing?
I found the RTC API and didn't find a method to get it.

Does anyone know it ? Many thanks

2 answers

permanent link
su jianrong (635) | answered Apr 17 '14, 3:32 a.m.
It seems that RTC doesn't provide Public API to get the Precondition. Now I find another way, that is parse the 'process configuration source' which you can see in the RTC client side when you open the project area of a project.

Thanks for everyone's help.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 21 '14, 6:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only API I am aware of that is in this direction is the permission aware API for queries. However, that is only for which items you have (or lack) read access. The work item save evaluates if the work item can be saved during the save, which also includes operational behavior. I doubt there is something like that, especially also covering operational behavior.

Comments
su jianrong commented Feb 23 '14, 2:39 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, I debug the code when I save a work item, and see there will get the behavior configuration but the method are all private or protected. However write my own method to get the configuration of Operation Behavior may so hard cause I am not the RTC Developer. Do you have any suggestion?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '14, 3:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, I am sorry, but I have not tried that yet and it might be very hard to do too.

su jianrong commented Feb 24 '14, 4:16 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.