It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Differences in Process Configuration XML between projects that underwent RTC version upgrade and project created with freshly imported process?

Madhan Babu (368) | asked Feb 20 '14, 11:32 a.m.
Hi,

I see several differences in the Process Configuration XML between:

1. a project that has been created in RTC version 4.0.3 and then the RTC system is upgraded to V4.0.5
and
2. extract and export the process configuration from project mentioned in (1) after the upgrade to 4.0.5, and import that again as a new process template and create a Project Area with it.

Is this known/intentional?

Best regards
madhan

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Feb 20 '14, 12:44 p.m.

Hi Madhan,

Could you please give us more details about the details you identified with the above scenarios.

I have done some testing before, don't see any changes from the above used case.

Regards,
Arun

Madhan Babu commented Feb 21 '14, 5:34 a.m.

Please find my comment below..

One answer

permanent link
Madhan Babu (368) | answered Feb 21 '14, 5:30 a.m.
edited Feb 21 '14, 10:52 a.m.
Yesterday i found the configuration xml had a specific line which were showing some error messages:

<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workitemTypes" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workItemTypes">                <type category="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.task" icon="processattachment:/workitemtype/task.gif" id="task" name="Task">                    <alias name="work item"/><alias name="workitem"/><alias name="item"/></type>
And i compared it with the other Project Area (which had process from an extract, export and import of above process config) as below:

<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workitemTypes" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workItemTypes"><type category="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.task" icon="processattachment:/workitemtype/task.gif" id="task" ignoreNameInLinkDetection="false" name="Task"><alias name="work item"/><alias name="workitem"/><alias name="item"/></type>
On the second Project Area, there were no error messages... I believe due to the difference.

Strangely, today, the errormessage has disappearedon upon consecutive other changes to permission settings in the configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.