It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy/Paste doesn't work for the Test Case Design Section

Dolores Vogel (1031337) | asked Feb 19 '14, 2:07 p.m.
 I often use the Test Case Design section to create test scripts and then generate my script based on the design. I've noticed if you use any kind of copy/paste, the test script ends up with all the text in a single step. Here are the scenarios I've tested:
1 - Create my steps in MS Word, copy to Test Case Design, generate test script.
2 - Create my steps in MS Word, copy to Test Case Design, delete and then add back the carriage returns, generate test script.
3 - Create my steps in Notepad, copy to Test Case Design, generate test script. 
4 - Create my steps in Notepad, copy to Test Case Design, delete and then add back the carriage returns, generate test script. 
5 - Create a test case with a design, copy it to create a second test case, add the two test cases to a test plan, generate the test scripts by selecting the test cases in the Test Cases section of the test plan. (The first test script is generated with multiple steps. The one in the copied test case puts all the text in one step of the script.)

In all of these scenarios, the resulting test script puts all of the text in a single step. The only way that I can properly generate the test script from the test case design is by typing directly into the section of the test case. Then, it works properly, and I get a step for each line that is separated by a carriage return.

Is this a defect or working as designed? (I realize that there's formatting I may be copying in, but I used Notepad to avoid that. However, when I do a copy of the test case, I would expect the text in the Test Case Design section to have only the original formatting.)

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Feb 19 '14, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dolores,
Are you using Chrome? Found this defect https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=88158  which is Chrome specific.

What is your RQM version?

-Vidya

Comments
Dolores Vogel commented Feb 19 '14, 6:16 p.m.

I'm using RQM 4.0.5, and I have the same results regardless of browser. I've done this in Chrome, FireFox 24 ESR, and IE 10. 

James Paulus commented Feb 20 '14, 8:24 a.m.

That defect isn't just Chrome.   I commented (comment 8) that it also happens in IE.   Also, comment 10 makes it FF as well. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.