It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is a "Fixed In" attribute missing in out of the box RTC system (including Jazz.net)?

Madhan Babu (368) | asked Feb 19 '14, 12:06 p.m.
When an issue is raised (Enhancement / Defect / CRQ / ..) , the default settings in RTC always has only Planned For attribute that has information on which version will the update be available.

If you query on Jazz.net, for example, for UnResolved work items that has PlannedFor as version 4.0.1 or 4.0.2, etc, you can get a handfull of work items.
My point is, the Planned For isn't really usefull in case we need to get a set of all WorkItems (improvements, in my perspective) that has gone into, say Version 4.0.5.

Is there a way to find this out?

regards
Madhan

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 25 '14, 1:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To find out what was implemented in 4.0.1, you would ask for the resolved work items that were planned for 4.0.1, not the unresolved items.      In the case of 4.0.1 RTC, there are 221 resolved work items that were PlannedFor 4.0.1.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 19 '14, 1:16 p.m.
 Only backwards thru the build results of the builds contained in the released object.
(and there  is no builtin report that gives u that)

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Feb 25 '14, 11:44 a.m.
Can you simply query for completed workitems that are Planned For 4.0.5? The plan can change while the workitem is unresolved, and effectively becomes 'fixed in' when the workitem is resolved.
You can also query for specific resolution (such as Fixed) if you are only interested in workitems that were actually implemented (as opposed to duplicates, won't fixs and so on)

Comments
Madhan Babu commented Feb 25 '14, 11:49 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 11:51 a.m.

Thats exactly the point.. "The Plan can change while the work item is unresolved".

"And effectively becomes Fixed In when the work item is resolved" - that means you set the "Planned for" only after the job is done.. then how can one rely on this information?

"You can also query for specific resolution (such as Fixed) if you are only interested in workitems that were actually implemented (as opposed to duplicates, won't fixs and so on) " - I'm interested to know when the open issues are planned to be fixed, more than actually looking into the ones that are already fixed..

I'm okay if a particular work item would be fixed only in version 5.0.x, or 6.0.x, but i need to know it to be able to mitigate the issue internally in my company.. How much efforts i can afford to mitigate/find alternate solutions depends on when this would be fixed..

Piotr Aniola commented Feb 25 '14, 11:53 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 11:53 a.m.

You don't set Planned For after the job is done. You set it upfront. Under special circumstances however, the plan can change during the lifetime of the workitem (like when we decide we won't make it to the next release and need to reschedule etc.) but that's probably more of an exception than a rule. I don't quite get how introducing Fixed In would resolve this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.