It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new stream from code that was not baselined.

Arnold Cruz (16413931) | asked Feb 18 '14, 10:26 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '14, 4:23 p.m. by Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan (2512)
 Hi All,

Here is the situation I have. Development has been delivering code to the main stream but has neglected to baseline. So they now need to create a new stream based off of code that is in production but is not the latest code. So this is the procedure I am planning on tell them. Can you verify and see if this is the best way to accomplish it:

1) Create new stream (STREAMB from initial baseline)
2) From repository with parent to STREAMA 
3) Go to history and start "Suspend" all change sets till you get the set of code that you require for STREAMB.
4) Update repo and have it parent to STREAMB.
5) Delieve code.
6) Baseline 
7) reparent back to STREAM A.
8) Restore suspend change set.

STREAM A is unaltered and STREAMB has now code from an earlier date that was not baselined.

Let me know if this is clear and if I am missing anything. 

Thank you.
-Arnold

Comments
Sonia Dimitrov commented Feb 18 '14, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you have a build configured to build from a workspace that accepts from  STREAMA?   You may have a snapshot for that build workspace that could be used to create STREAMB.

Arnold Cruz commented Feb 18 '14, 2:41 p.m.

Hi Sonia,

Unfortunately no - We do have the build portion of RTC for this particular project setup.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 18 '14, 7:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's somewhat simpler than that:
In the Team Artifacts view:
1) Right click on StreamA and select "New -> Repository Workspace".  To speed things up, go through each page of the wizard, until you hit the Components-to-Add page, and uncheck the "load repository workspace ..." checkbox.
2) For each component in the workspace: right click on the component, select show history, and in the history view, discard the change sets you don't want.
3) Right click on the workspace, and select "New -> Stream"
4) Save the new stream
5) To clean up, delete the workspace.
Arnold Cruz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Arnold Cruz commented Feb 19 '14, 12:00 p.m. | edited Feb 19 '14, 6:58 p.m.

Thanks Geoffrey! 

One other answer

permanent link
Jennifer Cianchetta-Riordan (2512) | answered Feb 20 '14, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For your reference, here is documentation for:

1) Discarding change sets from workspaces: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_add_planning_attributes.html

2) Creating streams: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_creating_stream.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.