It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limitation to the changing testcase er's test plans through Browse Test Case Execution Records

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Feb 17 '14, 2:31 p.m.
 I'm using RQM 4.0.5 and using execution>browse test case execution records feature to update fields dealing with test case executions records.  When updating the test plans associated for large number of TCERs (example 200 plus) & clicking test plans column header, I'm not allowed to update the test plans for these TCERs.  I'm forced to do for example a 100 at a time using the test plan column header.  This is rather annoying, having to keep repeat this for a set of 100 at a time.  Is this this a limitation from RQM, or something I can possibly configure in the administration settings? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Feb 27 '14, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 27 '14, 11:01 a.m.
Hi Corey,

the problem you depict might share some common root cause with this other problem (found during generation of 100s of TCERs from the wizard). I don't develop in RQM so you would need to get confirmation from dev.

Regards,
Stéphane
Corey Jacobs selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Corey Jacobs commented Feb 27 '14, 4:17 p.m.

thanks Stephane.  

One other answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Feb 17 '14, 5:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Corey, I am not sure what exactly is "not allowed to update the test plans" from "clicking test plans column header", but then it works if you select "100 at a time using the test plan column header".  Is it not the same test plan column header i.e. the bulk change action icon?  Is there any message when it is not allowed or the icon is not enabled because there is no select?  If it is regarding the table selection, you can make selection across multiple pages, way more than 100.  100 is just the max number of items we use in paging in the table list view.  Or you can also select all then do the bulk change if you adjust the filters to show only the TCERs that you want to change.

Comments
Corey Jacobs commented Feb 18 '14, 2:14 p.m.

Hi Paul, thanks for response.  I might've phrased it wrong in original post.  I'm using the icon to select all TCERs (in this example approximately 1000).  When selecting all TCERs & attempting to use the bulk change for test plan, I'm not allowed to change the test plan for all 1000 TCERs  selected.  There's no error message given, instead the test plans are left unchanged. I have to select 100 at a time to change the test plan. When I attempt to bulk change for example the last result, I'm allowed to change this for all 1000 TCERs.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.