It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Precondition in RTC CLI

Bincy Tharian (111) | asked Feb 17 '14, 7:39 a.m.

Hi,

I have been using RTC as a client plugin installed in eclipse. I could set preconditions and could see the faliure / success information in Team advisor view in the IDE.
I wanted to try CLI for RTC now. I could login, checkin and deliver through Command line using scmtools.But then i found my client side precondition enabled on client deliver operation seems to be not getting invoked in CLI. This precondition was set to project area through the UI from RCP and it was working in the RCP.

Is it possible to run any client side precondition through CLI??
Am i supposed to do anything else to make the precondition running??
Please help.

Any help is appreciated. Atlease give some insight on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Bincy Tharian commented Feb 19 '14, 1:15 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant Padur :)
This must be the cause .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Feb 18 '14, 4:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No. scm command line does not work with client side preconditions. It only reports errors for server side preconditions. 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Feb 17 '14, 10:06 a.m.
 Hi Bincy

What version of scmtools are you using? What is the RTC server version?

When the pre-condition is set it works from both eclipse client and CLI. If the precondition is set to "User may overrule" it goes through without a WI. I have not had to set any other specific option for this.

Here is a snapshot from version 4.0.5 Server and Client (scmtools are from 4.0.5 as well)

Comments
Bincy Tharian commented Feb 19 '14, 1:20 a.m.

Hi Shubjit Naik,

Thanks for the reply :)

I was using RTC 4.0.3.
I disabled the overrule option while configuring the precondition. Even then the precondition seems to be not getting invoked.

The precondition i was interested is client side precondition. As  Shashikant Padur pointed Client side preconditions wont work with CLI. This must be the cause in my case.

Thanks and Regards,
Bincy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.