It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"New Rank" Issues?

Murat Isleyen (191620) | asked Feb 14 '14, 4:57 a.m.
edited Feb 14 '14, 5:00 a.m.
We're using "New Rank" feature in RTC 4.0.3 in prod and test environments. In test, everything works as designed. In prod, we have encountered some issues as follows and I can not find the reasons.
  • As we are ranking the work items, it is not permitted to be ranked from 3 to 10. For example, we try to adjust a work item with rank value of 4. However it is automatically changed it to 11.
  • The "Apply New Rank" button is not working.
  • We can not save the sorted list by rank in the Plan View. We have to click the rank to sort everytime.
  • In addition, is there any way to inherit the rank information when I create a template with artifacts.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 19 '14, 11:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is your test environment at the same version (4.0.3)? What is different between your environments which could be contributing to the behavioural differences?
ie. Are you using the same browser? Different data? Hot fixes applied which may be conflicting with the behaviour?

I did a search for known defects with ranking on RTC 4.0.3, and there are a few, but none which look directly related. On my 4.0.5 instance everything appears to be working as expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.