It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Plain old Java Libraries - Usage difficulties

Harish Raj (1131619) | asked Feb 12 '14, 6:50 p.m.
Hi Team,

Is there way we can use the Plain old Java Libraries according to its necessity? What I mean is, The size of all RTC client jar files is approx 40MB, If I create a feature for Defects, I should only be able to use the Workitem related jars. Instead what happens in my case is, If I remove any jars which I feel unimportant (Ex: SCM or Filesystem) for the purpose, It throws me an error or exception.

Is it the case only for me or everybody faces it? Is there a better way to get by this issue. Please assist me. Thanks in advance.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 12 '14, 10:45 p.m.

Can you please give an example to show what you are trying to do? Are you trying to develop something like a precondition?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 12 '14, 8:22 p.m.
up until last year, I always added only the plain java jars needed to run my code.  sometimes they are not obvious.

I add til the source compiles, then run and resolve those errors too. (class not found)
because this is an object oriented system, there are all kinds of dependencies across multiple jar files.

Comments
Harish Raj commented Feb 12 '14, 8:36 p.m.

Is there a way to overcome this issue, Sam?

sam detweiler commented Feb 12 '14, 10:52 p.m.

you 'might' be able to get it down to 20 meg..  
disk space demand is small at 40, why the constraint?  

As Donald asks, what is the use case?

Harish Raj commented Feb 24 '14, 4:54 a.m.

I'm only using the jars to pull the available Workitems data like WI id, creation date and due date, owner of the WI. that's it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.