It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem delivering baseline via command line in RTC 3

Geoff Heeren (122) | asked Feb 11 '14, 6:36 p.m.
  I've have a build/deploy process that uses the ldcm command line to work with RTC 3. Currently I am having trouble with delivering a baseline.
I am creating the baseline via the command;
lscm create baseline -o "$SCM_WORKSPACE" "$SCM_BASELINE_NAME" "$SCM_COMPONENT" --description "$SCM_COMMMENT"

When I try to deliver the baseline via the command: 
lscm deliver -b $BASELINE_ID -o 

I get a failure along the lines of:
Created baseline (1347). 
Process Reports: 
Name: Deliver 
Operation Reports: 
Name: Source Control Operation 
Name: Deliver 
Participant Reports: 
Name: Require Work Items and Comments 
A work item must be associated with the change set. 
Problem running 'deliver': 
'Deliver' failed. Preconditions have not been met: A work item must be associated with the change set. 
Deliver baseline failed  

Running lscm status reveals only an undelivered baseline, no change sets of any sort.
We require a work item association in order to deliver change sets. No requirement exists for baselines. I can create and deliver a baseline in the RTC Jazz GUI Client with no issue.
Does anybody have any clue how I can either associate a baseline with a work item, or convince ldcm that baselines do not need a work item for delivery?

Comments
Lily Wang commented Feb 11 '14, 8:39 p.m.

Hi Geoff,
You can try to use "scm status -C -B" to check if there's change set within the baseline.

Geoff Heeren commented Feb 12 '14, 3:26 p.m.

lscm status -C -B showed me the checkins and I was able to remove them. Any idea how that situation arises? IE items showing as checked into a baseline and not the workspace in general? 

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Feb 11 '14, 11:31 p.m.
 Hi Geoff,

The error message is failing with pre-condition. 

list the changeset and associate the changes with Workitem before you deliver the baseline.

Note: Verify the pre-condition is enabled in the process configuration ( associate WI with Change-set) before delver

Regards,Arun

Comments
Geoff Heeren commented Feb 12 '14, 3:28 p.m.

The issue is there were no apparent change sets showing up. They were change sets to the baseline and didn't show up with the basic lscm status. I had to follow Lily Wang's suggestion of adding the -C and -B options to see the offending change sets.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.