It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Insight, how do I extract an RRC requirement's related requirements?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Feb 11 '14, 9:16 a.m.
Hello,

I am working with Insight to create some reports in RRC and I would like to create a traceability report.  I have two artifacts that are linked together using a "Specifies/Specified By" link and I would like to be able to filter on that link type and extract information from both artifacts.

I am looking at the "Requirement Related Requirements" table, but I can't seem to extract linked information or filter by link type.

How do I do this?

Best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 11 '14, 10:29 a.m.
edited Feb 11 '14, 10:33 a.m.
Hello Andrew,

I did a quick test in query studio and drag and dropped the following items:
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement > Requirement ID
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement > Reference ID
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement > Name
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement Related Requirements > Requirement ID
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement Related Requirements > Reference ID
  • Operational Data Store > Requirement Area >  Requirement Related Requirements > Link Type
Is the result below the kind of information you are looking for?

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Feb 11 '14, 10:55 a.m. | edited Feb 11 '14, 10:57 a.m.

@fchiossi
Hello Francesco,
This is great, but my Insight package doesn't have the "Link Type" column under the "Requirement Related Requirements" table.  Does this mean it is configured incorrectly?  I am using Insight 1.1.1 with Report Studio 10.1.1.
Maybe it's a permission issue?  Under the "Requirement Related Requests" table I see the "Link Type" column...
Regards,
Andrew

Francesco Chiossi commented Feb 11 '14, 10:57 a.m.

Hello Andrew,

I did my test in RRDI 2.0.4 integrated with CLM 4.0.4.
It's possible that the ETL/Data model has been updated to include the link type information in a release successive to yours.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Francesco Chiossi commented Feb 11 '14, 11:17 a.m. | edited Feb 11 '14, 11:34 a.m.

In addition to that:

• from which version of CLM are you collecting the data?
  • If you have data in the [RIODS].[REQUIREMENT_HIERARCHY] table, [LINK_TYPE] column I would suggest to try downloading again the data model from your CLM server and import it in Insight.

Francesco Chiossi commented Feb 11 '14, 11:37 a.m.

The manual procedure to import the data model was described in the old info center for CLM:

Importing the data models and reports on Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc/topics/t_import_data_model_package.html

Pay particular attention to point 7 to check all the folders, or the import will fail.

Andrew Trobec commented Feb 11 '14, 11:55 a.m.

@fchiossi
Hello Francesco,
Thank you for your valuable input and the links.  I am using CLM 4.0.0.1.  Is the information that I am using supported in the model?
Regards,
Andrew

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 11 '14, 10:02 a.m.
Hello Andrew,

how do you create the "Specifies/Specified By" links?
The only reference I've found for this type of link is in in the context of an integration between RRC and Focal Point.
If that is the case, do you have the ETL collecting the data from Focal Point as well?

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Feb 11 '14, 10:15 a.m.

@fchiossi
Hello Francesco,
This was just an example of a link type.  Lets just assume that I have two artifacts that are linked together and I want to extract them in an Insight report.  I can do the same for two RTC work items, but I can't find out how to do it for RRC artifacts.
The ETL is the IBM standard ETL configuration for CLM that comes for Insight.
Regard,s
Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.