It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I display an alert or message in a follow-up action?

Antoine LELEU (5012728) | asked Feb 10 '14, 5:42 a.m.
edited Feb 11 '14, 1:35 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 Hello,

i developed a plugin (follow-up action - Server Side) to sync data with an extenal tool. All works correctly but i would like to add feature.

In some cases, i want to alert the user that data will be overwritten on the external tool by a message or a pop-up. The best will be a pop-up where i asked confirmation to the user.

Is it possible ?

Thanks for help

Antoine

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 10 '14, 6:54 a.m.
you cannot cause a popup.  you can use warning or info type returned elements to cause the team advisor window to display at the client.  but the transaction will have been completed.

IProcessReport.WARNING
IProcessReport.OK

there is no support for interactive messaging.  You would have to write a client side plugin to check the status and present a message before invoking the server side save.
Antoine LELEU selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Antoine LELEU (5012728) | answered Feb 18 '14, 12:09 p.m.
 Hi Sam,

Thanks for your answser.

With the IProcessReport method, i can display en ERROR message in the web UI (red banner at the top of the page) using IProcessReport.ERROR
i would like to display a OK message (green banner) to inform the user that data has been synchronize with internal tool and all is ok. But when i user IProcessReport.OK, nothing is display.

Do you have any idea ?
Thanks,

Antoine

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '14, 2:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Antoine,

as far as I know the successful operation (NOT showing errors or warnings) is the desired outcome. The idea is not to interupt the users flow with annoying pop up windows if not necessary.

In the Eclipse client, you can look at the status details, as described in the Extension workshop) and see more data. I don't think there is something like that in the Web UI.

You could however try using IProcessReport.OK and see if that shows details in the Web UI.

Antoine LELEU commented Feb 19 '14, 3:56 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

You know, when you save dashboard or plan, a green banner appears at the top of page in the web UI.
I would like display something like that at the end of follow up. I hoped the IProcessReport.OK could do that but i tried and nothing is display.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '14, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If it does not show, it does not show. You could create an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.