It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight request report not refreshing defect/Request data from modified RTC defects/newly added RTC defects

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Feb 07 '14, 12:09 p.m.
Hi I have access to an RTC project area in production.I also have Rational Insight in production and it pulls my defect data(request data) for my project. My filters seem to work properly however, when I make an update to an existing RTC defect such as severity or owner name or FoundIn it is not updating in Rational Insight. I also created new defects that are not showing on my request report.

Does anyone know if there is a certain period of time in which data is refreshed or should it be instanteously?

Filters: Project Name =  and Type = Defect

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 10 '14, 4:10 a.m.
Hello Brandy,

in addition to what Micheal said, you can still see old data even after the ETL has run due to session caching on the report server. See the details on this topic of the Cognos info center:

Session Caching
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/v10r1m1/topic/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cra.10.1.1.doc/c_enablesessioncaching.html#EnableSessionCaching

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Feb 07 '14, 12:14 p.m.
The collection jobs are run once a day nightly.  With Insight you do have the capability of scheduling the job to run at other times during the day as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.