It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the impact of deleting a build definition?

Alexis Zavos (1112) | asked Feb 07 '14, 6:09 a.m.

I'm wondering what the impact of deleting a build definition is. For example will all the build results be lost for that defintion, or will they still be accessible via the build engine?

I guess the real nub of my question is whether the deletion of a build defintion removes just the defintion, or are there dependant items that will also be deleted?

One answer

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131626) | answered Feb 07 '14, 6:30 a.m.
 You cannot delete a build definition as long as there are associated builds. To delete a build definition, you have to first delete all existing builds

Comments
Alexis Zavos commented Feb 07 '14, 6:37 a.m.

Thanks for your quick answer.

As a follow up, is there any issue with deleting builds that may have been associated with releases?

Lukas Steiger commented Feb 07 '14, 6:48 a.m.

I cannot say you what the exact workflow behind is, but I have made a short test.
After I had deleted the build result, the link within the workitem mentioned in the last delivery was still pointing to the build result, but the build result couldn't be found. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.