It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding required fields to new work item via delivery action

Vince Thyng (13723753) | asked Feb 06 '14, 5:19 p.m.
When delivering a change set and choosing to create a new work item during delivery, additional required fields are not showing up.  I did not see a presentation under the project settings that would allow me to add them to this window, so wondering if there is a way.  Deliveries fail when a new work item is created this way because the user can not set required field data.

Comments
Lily Wang commented Feb 06 '14, 6:49 p.m.

This is a known defect recorded here https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=99928
You have to create the work item first, then associate the work item with change set manually.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shuhichi Saitoh (20059) | answered Feb 06 '14, 6:53 p.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 7:54 p.m.
Work Item Creation Dialog, which you see when you create a work item during the SCM delivery, uses "Lightweight" version of the editor presentation.
You can define a new presentation "section" and set the section id as the presentation for "Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog" of a work item type.

For example, if you make the "Defect" type require "Due Date", and the work item creation dialog of the Defect does not show the the "Due Date" field, so that you cannot create a work item, you can update the editor presentation like this:

1. Launch Eclipse Client
  2. Open you Project Area and show Process Area configuration
  3. In Work Item > Type and Attributes, select the Defect type and find the presentation id for the "Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog"
  4. In Work Item > Editor Presentation, select "com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight" (for almost all default RTC template). Note that this is the presentation editor id, not the section id. So it should be different than you see in the step 3.
  5. Find the presentation section that has the section id you see at step 3. Maybe there is only one section named "Lightweight Creator"
  6. Add the "Due Date" attribute to the section and save the process configuration.
  7. Now you see the "Due Date" attribute added in the "Create Work Item" dialog for the work item type.

Hope this helps.

Shuhichi.
Vince Thyng selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 06 '14, 7:16 p.m.
I believe that is how it works currently. You may want to create a workitem beforehand in order to associate it with the change set. There are many RFEs related to how the "associate work item" dialog should work in jazz.net, you may want to submit a new one(I am not sure if there is any existing one as a quick search does not return an exact one for your scenario although I do see some other users having similar problem)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.