It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission to modify your work allocations has been restricted in the process specification. com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

Laurentiu Popescu (133) | asked Feb 06 '14, 3:05 p.m.
When attempting to save changes to my work allocations I get this error:

Permission to modify your work allocations has been restricted in the process specification.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

I have the users roles setup to "Product Owner" and "Scrum Master"
Also under the Process Configuration Tab: Project Config --> Config Data --> Planning --> Work Environment
The "Users cannot modify their own work allocations" is NOT checked.

When the user tries to save the Work Allocations, he gets the above error.
Are there any other places/setting in RTC that restricts the work allocations?
We are using RTC 4.0.2 both web and Linux clients

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered May 09 '14, 4:33 p.m.
This has to do with user who may have membership in multiple Project Areas.  If there is an asterisk (*) adjacent to some project or team's allocation investigate the "User's can update" in ALL of the user's projects.   When the asterisk is visible the Save will attempt to update ALL project work allocations [ or it may be doing that always ]

We hit this and found that 1 out of many of a users work assignments had disabled users updating their own work allocation.
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Suyash adsul (91118) | answered May 29 '14, 10:01 a.m.
Thanks Kevin .... Perfect solution :)

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Jun 11 '15, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have marked Kevin's answer as the accepted solution. In future, please mark the answer if it is the solution to the forum post.

permanent link
Tayane Fernandes (251216) | answered May 09 '14, 4:06 p.m.
edited May 09 '14, 4:07 p.m.
Laurentiu Popescu
I am with that problem too. 
Could you solve it?

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 06 '14, 6:31 p.m.
Are you using default Scrum template or it is customized? By default, The "Users cannot modify their own work allocations" is not checked in Scrum PA.If the user is a JazzUser and a member of the project area and wants to change OWN work allocations, it should be allowed. Is the user trying to change his/her own work allocations or not?
if it is for other team member's work allocation, you would need to be a JazzAdmin user in 402. It seems that the project area admin can not do that work before 4.0.3, please see the below defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=180015

Comments
Laurentiu Popescu commented Feb 07 '14, 4:06 p.m.

Hi,
The user is trying to change its own work allocation area.
The template that he's using is the standard RTC scrum template.

The "Users cannot modify their own work allocations"  checkbox is not "checked".
He's the product owner and scrum master.  According to this he should be able to modify its own work allocation area, but he cannot save it.

Don Yang commented Feb 09 '14, 5:52 p.m.

It does sound odd. You may want to try with JazzAdmin user and see if JazzUser is able to change the work allocation or not. The error is not the same as normal permission error as it concerns "restricted in the process specification", perhaps there is customization in the process specification which restricts the modification. If you can contact support, you may want to create a PMR and send in the process template for a test.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.