It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the steps when upgrading to 4.0.5?

varun ibm (611722) | asked Feb 06 '14, 8:49 a.m.
edited May 16 '14, 2:32 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
While Installing CLM 4.0.5 using IBM Installation Manager , it says 

In the Common Configuration pane, to install the included Apache Tomcat server, select Install Tomcat 7. If you already have a supported Tomcat application server installed and plan to use it, or if you plan to deploy the web applications (WAR files) into IBM WebSphere Application Server, clear Install Tomcat 7 and specify a location to place the web applications for later deployment. The default directory is JazzInstallDir/server/webapps.

So does this mean since I have tomcat running on my 4.0 , I can clear Install Tomcat 7 and specify the location of 4.0JazzInstallDir/server/webapps ?

Or Should I install Tomcat with 4.0.5 and the upgrade scripts you mentioned above will update the config files for the same ?

Thanks again
Varun

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Feb 07 '14, 5:34 a.m.
Hi Varum,
The process is following for upgrading to 4.0.5: you need to make new 4.0.5 installation using installation manager. The installation should be to different directory than for 4.0.5. This installation will install new Tomcat also (don't worry by the fact that you have already Tomcat installed for 4.0).
After the installation 4.0.5 you need to run upgrade scripts from the location where you have installed 4.0.5 and point to 4.0 install as a parameter.

Let us know if that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.