It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC client side save work item pre condition - is it possible ?

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Feb 06 '14, 12:27 a.m.
Hello to the forums members,

I'm new  to RTC extensions development. I just completed the RTC extensions workshop. I have a scenario requiring that I'll run a pre condition on client side when work item is saved. The pre condition relates to local information on the client side. I see in the "Process configuration" tab in "Project Area" editor that pre conditions for "save work item" can be done only on server side. Is it possible to set such pre condition on client side ? If not, are there any other extensions or other mechanisms I can use for the "save work item" event that may allow blocking the operation before it is sent to server ?

Thanks,
Gidi

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Feb 06 '14, 4:25 p.m.

After talking to colleagues I am close to reach to the conclusion that this is not supported by RTC. I am trying to reach a somewhat more "modest" goal - add a button to the work item editor. However, it seems that there's no extension point for the work item editor either, only to pages inside the editor. I'd like to add the button at the external upper area of the work item editor, where the save editor is located. Is this supported ?

Thanks,
Gidi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 18 '14, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 18 '14, 8:50 a.m.
There is no work item save precondition available on the client side, unfortunately. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations for what extension points are available with hint if it is a client or server extension.
Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 06 '14, 12:34 a.m.
I believe it really depends on what you need to do.  For example, we have a couple pre-conditions that run on the client-side and do validation (so they are under Validators and Conditions).  They are written in JavaScript and handle some slightly more complex validation than what is available OOB with RTC.  However, there are limitations and restrictions on what attributes are available on the client-side (for example, I don't believe any Links are available).

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.