It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Presentation differences between Eclipse work items and Web work items

Terry Taylor (4199) | asked Feb 05 '14, 8:53 a.m.

We have a work item Editor Presentation which we have customised, but the display is vastly different between the Eclipse and the Web interface.

As you can see by the screenshots, the web interface is lacking two sections and the time sheet table is not fully displayed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Eclipse

Web

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Feb 05 '14, 10:10 a.m.

What is the browser vendor and version you are using?

Terry Taylor commented Feb 05 '14, 10:45 a.m.

Internet Explorer 8 using RTC 3.0.1.

Terry Taylor commented Feb 06 '14, 9:56 a.m.

It's been set as a H layout tab, the eclipse layout is correct with standard fields on the left slot, and the three items set as left (top and bottom not used)

I tried changing it to a Custom Attributes layout (just left and right), but even with them assigned a left and right slot, they appeared exactly as the eclipse layout. The Web UI though stacked all of the items one on top of another.

Using the overview layout, and the slots as shown in the article, there is still a remarkable difference between the Eclipse and Web UI that can't be accounted for in its presentation configuration!

The only parallel I can draw is that it's like a style-sheet has been messed with. I will admit, this is something I've inherited and I can't tell if someone has gone under the hood (so to speak) to tweak bits and peices.

Thanks for your help so far.

2 answers

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Feb 10 '14, 8:15 p.m.
You will find in 3.x you do get a different layout between Web Browsers and the Eclipse Client if you try to add to the overview layout for instance and try to modify by adding additional sections you will see them in the web you won't see them in the Eclipse client this carries over into 4.x as well. We currently have a layout where we created a tab with two areas using the Details Layout it appears correct in the web in the eclipse client only the first Details section appears.
This seems to be consistent if you duplicate any type of layout design on a single tab.

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 06 '14, 6:27 a.m.
Which layout are you using and what's the type of each section?
If you are using Overview layout, each slot only can have one section.
Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/130 for the explanation of the editor presentation layout.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.