It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RQM] 4.0.4, Recording Manual Script, RFT recording monitor does not show up

sandro de santis (1288) | asked Feb 04 '14, 5:51 a.m.
I am at RQM level 4.0.4. When I try to record a manual script using RFT ( 8.5.0), the recording monitor does not always show up.
I defined one Project Area and two Team Areas, this is our project requirement.
I defined users only in the team areas, so they are defined as Team Area members ( JazzUsers, Quality Professional ), but not as Project team members.
The recording monitor shows up only if the user is a Project Area Team Member. If the user is only a Team Area Member, then the monitor does not show up.
Please note, I need that users are only Team Area Members, because I need to restrict their write permissions to their own Team Area.

Is this a malfunction or is the product working according to specs?
Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Feb 06 '14, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To record a script, user should have Save Adapter Request permission. "Save Adapter Request" permission belongs to a project area, not to team area. So, you can a new role say "Recorder Role", assign only "Save Adapter Request" permission for that role. Add the user into the project area and assign him "Recorder Role",  Then he will be able to record a script and he will not the able to do other operations in different project area.
sandro de santis selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
sandro de santis (1288) | answered Feb 06 '14, 11:50 a.m.
Thanks a lot for this, I tested the solution and it works.
Thanks again,
Sandro

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.