It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find default workflow actions?

ross jones (492631) | asked Feb 03 '14, 7:05 p.m.
edited Feb 04 '14, 2:36 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
where do i find the default workflow actions associated with each state in the workflow editor in RTC?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 04 '14, 2:35 a.m.

Hi Ross,
When you are changing the state for work item, you don't have any default next state - you must select one from the list.
What do you mean as default workflow actions?

ross jones commented Feb 04 '14, 2:15 p.m.

thanks for your response.

yes, I understand I must select from the list when changing the state...........my question is, "how is the list populated", i.e. is there a default list? how can I change the items in that list?

is there some training material to show me how to tailor a RTC workflow to my application?

specifically the defect workflow

Donald Nong commented Feb 05 '14, 11:14 p.m.

Maybe you're after something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGxzDvaeLnA

ross jones commented Feb 06 '14, 11:39 a.m.

thank you!

One answer

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Feb 05 '14, 11:46 p.m.
Hi,

what you mean by default list is called the states and actions in other words termed as State Transition Matrix.

Attached is the screen shot of the Defect Workflow which we follow on our project in RTC Eclipse Client.

Opening the RTC eclipse client and choosing the Process Configuration menu then navigating to Workflow you will find various workflows followed by work item types.

workflow states

Comments
ross jones commented Feb 06 '14, 11:39 a.m.

thank you..........yes I understand the workflow editor........however I do not use the eclipse client, I use the web UI............my question remains..."how is the list of possible workflow actions populated in the "state" definition section of the workflows section?"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.