It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add an 'Action/Status' of the TestPlan workflow?

jose muñoz (122) | asked Feb 03 '14, 3:42 a.m.
edited Feb 17 '14, 11:37 a.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)
Hi!
I have been tested some options in order to achieve that when I create a test plan, in "Actions/Status" drop-down list (with my JazzProjectAdmin permissions I have only the option 'Ready for review' and after select that appear the options 'Approve' and/or 'Refuse') appear the option that I want according to the project requirements (In my specification the option should be 'Approve design' after 'Ready for review' and before 'Approve' or 'Refuse' options)

I have tested with the workflow edition but I haven't got the expected behavior. 
Anybody know what steps should I follow to achieve this?? 
Should be necessary the 'JazzAdmin' permissions??  
I am working with RQM tool, should I need RTC tool for this change??

Thanks for your help!! I hope your reply! :D

Best Regards,

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Feb 03 '14, 10:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Do you want to change the test workflow? Or are you trying to change the actions that are on the Approval/Review record?
If you're just looking to change test artifact workflow, then I recommend reviewing our latest documentation on this topic that can be found in: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_define_custom_workflow.html
Check out #4. That shows mapping actions to workflow states.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
QM Development

permanent link
jose muñoz (122) | answered Feb 03 '14, 11:40 a.m.
 Hi John!
More or less are the actions that I want to do but I have not the option to edit the artifact for the version 3.0.1
Do you know how can I make this changes in this version?? (the version in the documentation is about the version 4.0.0)

Thanks for all!

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Feb 03 '14, 12:31 p.m.

Jose,

This was added in 4.0: https://jazz.net/library/article/1084

Toni

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.