It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Traceability best practices

Tony DeFarlo (1262314) | asked Feb 02 '14, 11:39 a.m.
Just starting prototyping the traceability between RRC, Design Manager and RTC and Have the following question:

I understand that the derives link is used between RRC and the DM artifact, which is typicall a diagram or set of diagrams. My question concerns the RTC stories and their link to the design. Is it a good practice to link the story to the design? What about the case where we create a story for a sprint, and the sequence diagram, for example, shows the functionality required for that sprint. Link the story to the sequence diagram? Then what happens in the next sprint - a new story is created that builds upon the initial story, and the sequence diagram is updated with new functions? Again link the new story to the new version of the sequence diagram? Seems messy, as the original story points to the most recent version of the sequence diagram. Or should design artifacts link to something higher than the story? Or don't link RTC to design, but get to it thru RRC? Looking for practical guidance to keep the effort for traceabillity simple and manageable.

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Apr 03 '14, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Tony
I would suggest looking at the Money that Matters sample which includes DM in the scenario.
To get started, see the following information: The detailed scenario and supporting lifecycle project and assets enable you to step through the practices, activities, and collaboration that occur in Sprint 2 of the CLM lifecycle. The Money that Matters sample includes the following artifacts:
  • The Money that Matters Lifecycle scenario that sets the context for the Money That Matters initiative and provides a detailed description of the scenario workflow.
  • The JKE Banking lifecycle project with associated artifact containers for requirements management, change and configuration management, design management, and quality management.
Tutorial including design elements

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.