It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Display child work items based on parent work item ID

Rhishikesh Patil (1311827) | asked Jan 31 '14, 8:05 a.m.
edited Jan 31 '14, 8:49 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
We are using RTC 4.0.1, I created a query on WI with conditions type=task, parent exists and selected id by expanding parent so that i can specify WI ID there. It gives me correct result but when i try to save the query last condition is modified automatically from is to Id is

I have to modify this query each time, is there another way to do this or is this a Bug?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jan 31 '14, 8:49 a.m.

Hi Rhishikesh,
I haven't tried it in 4.0.1 but it works correctly for my RTC 4.0.4 and web ui. Have you created this query in web or in Eclipse ui?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered Feb 03 '14, 9:12 a.m.
We found that the web ui had issues in 4.0.1 for a number of queries and other data. We upgraded to 4.0.2 and it was better. We are currently on 4.0.5 and I would recommend you going to that release if possible. There is functionality that has been ported to web ui that is present in Eclipse. Like copy a work item which is invaluable to our users.
Rhishikesh Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rhishikesh Patil (1311827) | answered Feb 03 '14, 6:04 a.m.
With Eclipse it is OK but when i open in Web client the query gets modified automatically.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.