It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Sprint Plan ghosting in all stories from related epic (not just this sprint's stories)

Peter DeRosa (334) | asked Jan 30 '14, 8:10 a.m.

I'm using RTC v4.0.3.

In this newer version, it seems that through the web client, my sprint plan is showing all sibling stories under an epic, not just the ones planned for this sprint.  For example, if the team is working 1 story out of 10 for an epic this sprint, all 10 will show up in the Work Breakdown view, apparently because it ghosts in the parent (i.e. the epic) and then ghosts in all of that epics children.  They are clearly labeled as not in this sprint, but it really makes the view very confusing (unusable, I'd say) since 90% of the listed items are not being worked in the sprint.  

I notice my eclipse client does not do this.

Any ideas?  Is this just a design change gone wrong, or might there be some configuration options I don't have set correctly?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Markus Giacomuzzi (4549) | answered Feb 10 '14, 9:34 a.m.
as far as I know this has been a bug in 4.0.3. There are hotfixes available for that version.
Since v4.0.5 this works properly.
It has to do with a RFE requiring to show also out-placed WIs (i.e. WIs like EPICs planned in a different timeline)
Peter DeRosa selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Peter DeRosa (334) | answered Jan 31 '14, 10:15 a.m.

Found out that checking the option to exclude "Items from Sub-Iterations" has the desired effect, though it doesn't quite match the name in this case. 

I would still be interested if anyone in the know can comment on the thinking behind this so I could learn something.  Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.