It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing Reports in RRC and RQM

Kasun Jayaratne (111) | asked Jan 29 '14, 12:50 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '14, 3:05 p.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)
Requirements have been uploaded into RRC, test cases have been uploaded into RQM and linked to the requirements.  Then we have added the test scripts to each test case.  We have created a collection and then linked that to a test plan.

Basically we want a csv file of a traceability matrix of a collection of requirements with associated test cases and their test scripts - all in one excel spreadsheet.  We want to add the Summary of the requirements not just the name onto this csv file as well as the test scripts steps and expected results

Is there anyway or any report that we use to get this?  How customizable are the reports in RQM/ RRC as I didnt see any option to add/change any attributes.  Can I do this using RRDI?

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 31 '14, 3:27 a.m.
Hello Mathieu,

some information from RRC is indeed exposed to RQM for BIRT reporting.

If you look into the out of the box reports for RQM, there is a requirement section with a few reports like:
  • Plan Requirements Coverage Detail
  • Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case
  • Plan Requirements Defect Impact
  • Plan Requirements Execution using TCER Count
  • Plan Requirements Execution using Weight
  • Plan Requirements Not Covered Detail
  • Plan Test Cases Not Covering Requirements
  • Requirements Traceability

Those are all BIRT reports.

The main problem you might encounter is that, being custom BIRT reports not supported for RQM, there is no official documentation on how to build them.

Probably the best approach would be to look at the structure of the sample reports and build your own from there.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 29 '14, 6:58 a.m.
Hello Kasun,

RRDI is the recommended solution to create your customized RQM and RRC reports.

A description of the data exposed for reporting is available here:

Reporting data dictionaries
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_reference_datadictionary.html

Regarding your requirements, with RRDI:
  • csv / excel export of report is possible
  • associations between test cases, test scripts and requirements are available
  • requirement summary is not available in the data warehouse for reporting, as all the larger fields (more that 1000 characters, I think) have not been included for performance reasons
  • steps information is available only for test scripts that have been executed as part of the results

Other options to create your custom reports includes:
  • use Rational Publishing Engine (RPE), this is mostly for document generation
  • use Rational Insight, this is a more complete reporting solution that includes RRDI and provides the additional capability to customize your ETL process and Data Model, so that you can make available the information that is not included by default in the data warehouse.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Jul 31 '14, 2:28 a.m.

Hello Francesco,
Just a question please to be sure that I must configure a RRDI server.
If I create a BIRT report on rqm (so with the url /qm), it should be impossible to have some informations from requirements using the links table for example ?
Thanks for the confirmation.
Regards
Mathieu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.