It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding Files From One Stream to Another

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Jan 28 '14, 8:30 p.m.
retagged Jan 30 '14, 11:10 a.m. by Sonia Dimitrov (27159)
Our product team has been doing the development of our component and final product packaging in one stream. We recently spun-off the final product packaging into its own stream and build so that our component can be tested independently and then delivered to the packaging build.  

We would still like to produce an image of our component included in a "final product image" solely for purposes of our local test.  Ideally, I would use the build script contained in our packaging component, so I keep up with whatever changes they make. I only need a subset of the files in the packaging component, but the component isn't that big,so having a copy of the whole packaging component isn't a big deal.  Best I know, RTC would only allow me to add the packaging component to my stream and periodically replace the packaging component baseline in my stream or have the packaging component developers deliver their changes to my stream as well as the packaging stream.  Is there a best practice here?  

Thanks!

Chris

One answer

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Jan 30 '14, 10:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,

if I understand correctly, you have a scenario where you have a component for build scripts (compScripts) and a component for the code you are compiling (compCode).  You have two streams that have both components, one stream is used for production (streamProd), the other for testing (streamTest).

One option to create the local test image may be to use a workspace that flows with both streams:
compScripts <- streamProd
compCode <- streamTest

In this way you would not necessarily require streamTest to include compScripts.  Would this work for you?

Sonia

Comments
Chris Barlock commented Jan 30 '14, 12:46 p.m.

That's not quite the scenario.  Our product consists of code from several teams, many using their own RTC.  My team provides some of the code and was doing the final build that pulled all the parts together.  We recently moved the final integration build into its own stream so that we can build our code in isolation from the final integration.

What I ended up doing was adding the new integration component into our code stream so that we can create an installable image (like we used to) just for our verification tests before we deliver our part into the integration build.

Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.