It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to restore a project in RTC/RRC to a previous point?

Cory Tanner (155) | asked Jan 27 '14, 4:56 p.m.
I was wondering if there was a way to restore a project to a previous point.  For example, let's say that you have a project that the data has been corrupted for some reason.  Can I restore the project to a previously know "good point"?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 27 '14, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would expect this is possible at the repository level. Are you asking about restoring just one project within a repository? 

Cory Tanner commented Jan 27 '14, 6:35 p.m.

I know that we can use the database backups that we have to restore to a previous state.  I should have asked a more clear and precise question.  So long response even longer.... I am asking if there is a way to restore only one project with in a repository.  Thanks for helping me clarify.

One answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jan 27 '14, 6:39 p.m.
 Cory, there is no way to do this at the project level.  

Comments
Vatsala Ramachandran commented Jan 27 '14, 11:44 p.m. | edited Feb 03 '14, 5:58 p.m.

Will this be possible (may be in the future, if not now), with the VVC functionality?
For example, I roll back to a particular workspace for the entire repository, so all artifacts get to the state there were in that particular workspace

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 03 '14, 6:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It depends on what was mean by "project".   VVC is just a versioning system (like RTC-SCM, ClearCase, GIT, etc.)   If it means "project area", then VVC does not help, since the project area has many artifacts that are not under version control.   If it means "a set of artifacts in a workspace", then yes, VVC will allow you to roll that workspace back to some earlier baselined state (just as RTC-SCM, ClearCase, GIT, etc. let you roll back the artifacts under version control to some earlier baselined state).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.