It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing/Deleting Comments

Aaron Chorpenning (371015) | asked Jan 27 '14, 10:54 a.m.
retagged Jan 27 '14, 10:58 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

We are currently using RTC 4.0.4, and I wanted to check on whether comments within a work item discussion (CCM) can be edited? I can't find any way to edit/delete comments from a work item from within the web application, however I was able to locate a delete or clear option from within the Eclipse client. However, the or clear was going to remove all comments, not an individual one.

Is this possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jan 27 '14, 10:59 a.m.
Using the "Empty Comment" function in Eclipse will clear one comment at a time.  The warning message will tell you the number of the comment to be cleared.  The old comment timestamp and the user who posted it will still appear, but the contents will be removed.  I don't know of a way to clear using the web client.
Aaron Chorpenning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aaron Chorpenning commented Jan 27 '14, 12:19 p.m.

Hmmm Ok, got it. So the number it shows is corresponding the specific comment that had been right clicked on with the focus.

One other answer

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jan 30 '14, 2:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Help topic for the Empty comment action is here http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_empty_comment.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.