It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do some folders in Rational Insight not appear when importing custom reports from RTC?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Jan 27 '14, 1:13 a.m.
using RTC 4.0.3 and Insight 1.1.1.2.

We've created some custom folders in Insight's Cognos Connections and want to import reports from the folders into RTC.  From the Reports section in RTC we click Import Custom Report, but not all the folders appear in the list.  Some of the custom folders do, but others do not.

I've been comparing the folders, permissions, capabilities, etc. but don't see a difference.  I looked in the documetation and searched the forums but can't find anything on this subject.

What determines whether the folder appears in RTC?  Since some of the custom folders do appear I assume we configured everything correctly.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Jan 27 '14, 8:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One other thing you could check is whether or not the missing folders have a "/" character in their name.  If so, this sounds like Cannot import Cognos report that contains a "/" in the name (295605), which was fixed in 4.0.6. 
Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jan 27 '14, 1:38 p.m.

Thanks Alanna that was it.  Once I removed the "/" the folder appeared.

Is support for these special characters targeted for 4.0.6?

Alanna Zito commented Jan 27 '14, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, should be fixed in 4.0.6.  The workaround is to do as you have done, and simply remove the "/" for now.

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 27 '14, 4:21 a.m.
Hello Michael,

are the folders you are missing under the "Public Folders" in Insight or under "My Folders"?
The only limitation I'm aware of is that you can only see the My Folders of the user logged into RTC.

Can you see the folders in Insight, logging in with the same user that connects to RTC?

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jan 27 '14, 1:36 p.m.

Thanks Francesco.  I was able to see folders from both My Folders and Public Folders..it was just certain folders were missing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.