It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to restrict delivers when there are incoming change sets to the stream (not the workspace)??

Martha Toribio (611) | asked Jan 24 '14, 2:01 p.m.
retagged Jan 30 '14, 5:33 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
Hello,
I have a workspace connected to stream D (development), and stream D is connected to stream T (trunk). This flow is made in order to have the developer continously updated to the latest trunk changes.
Ok, when there are incoming changes from stream T to the stream D, this means incoming to the stream, not the workspace, I need the mentioned precondition to work at this level but apparently cannot see whats incoming to the stream.
Is there any way to control this? prevent delivers to the stream D when this stream (not the workspace) has incoming changes?

I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 24 '14, 4:00 p.m.

you want to stop updates from developers (into D) when there are downward exports from T coming back into D. correct? 

Martha Toribio commented Jan 24 '14, 5:27 p.m.

Yes, exactly sam that is what I need...

3 answers

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jan 24 '14, 3:49 p.m.
 One approach may be to restrict who can deliver to each stream.  You may currently have permissions set to allow the developers to deliver to both D and T streams.  But consider if you restrict permissions to only allow delivery to D.  Then a more restricted team (maybe a team of 1 or 2 developers or CM) only may deliver to T.  This reduces the possibility that someone might accidentally accept changes from T back to D.  If you like this approach then implement with Team Areas and Stream ownership.

Team Area D (or Parent Team Area) owns Stream D.
Team Area T (only) owns Stream T.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jan 24 '14, 10:35 p.m.
Hi Martha.

Yes, you can achieve  by enabling the Stream Owner ship to TeamArea scope and the users should be member of the TeamArea will be able to deliver the changes to the specific streams.

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jan 30 '14, 5:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Help topic about restricting deliveries is here http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_restrict_delivery.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.