It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How easy is it to upgrade from jazz 4.01 to latest release?

james hays (133) | asked Jan 24 '14, 1:48 p.m.
retagged Jan 30 '14, 5:31 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
 I have a customer that is running 4.01 in production. They only have a production environment (yes I know...). Is the upgrade from 4.01 to current as easy as Installation Manager doing it painlessly and automatically, versus how the upgrade was from 3.x to 4.x? I hope the answer is YES!

3 answers

permanent link
Srikanth Bhushan (16942734) | answered Jan 27 '14, 4:24 a.m.
James,

The upgrade procedures of 3.x - 4.0.1 are exactly same as 4.0.1 to 4.0.5.
There is no automatic update methods to upgrade your environment,

Go through the Interactive upgrade guide for details

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jan 24 '14, 3:56 p.m.
 James,

The installation uses Installation Manager to do a side-by-side install first.  Shut down the existing instance.  Install the new software in a different location than the existing.  Then run scripts to migrate settings from the old instance to the new.  Once the new instance is up and running, use Installation Manager to uninstall the old one.

The guide recommends doing a staged upgrade first.  It gives you some practice in a safe environment and it also provides the opportunity for some end users to validate the applications are working well.

Good luck!

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Jan 24 '14, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi James, 

The upgrade is pretty straightforward. Use the interactive upgrade guide to describe the platform and then get the steps for upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.