It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we access/query RAM DB2 tables?

Pramod Chavan (191620) | asked Jan 24 '14, 8:29 a.m.
 Hi,

Can we access or query RAM DB2 tables? 

We have a requirement for sharepoint crawler to index RAM data, so is it possible to query RAM DB2 database?

We are using RAM 7.5.1.1.

Regards,
Pramod

One answer

permanent link
Brian Young (511) | answered Jan 24 '14, 11:23 a.m.
Hello Pramod,

I am not sure I follow your question.  How do you anticipate running a query against the RAM DB2 database?

Comments
Pramod Chavan commented Jan 26 '14, 11:29 p.m. | edited Jan 26 '14, 11:51 p.m.

Hello Brian,

Actually we need all RAM Asset data to be crawled by Sharepoint, so we planning to store all asset related data in SQL Server(which acts as external data source to SP). 

So, we need read access to DB2 tables, so that we can export this data to SQL Server DB.

Regards,
Pramod 

Brian Young commented Jan 27 '14, 10:07 a.m.

Hello Pramod,

Thank you for providing further details but I still do not understand your concern.  Is it you would like to know what tables RAM has so that you can run your queries?  Is it that you do not know which columns to query?  Is it that you would like to know how to have SharePoint be granted read access to RAM tables in DB2?

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 28 '14, 12:06 a.m. | edited Jan 28 '14, 12:08 a.m.

Hello Brian,

Basically I like to know RAM database schema.

My previous comment states what I need to achieve and what kind of data is required.

Also, can you suggest a GUI console to access/query DB2 database?

Regards,
Pramod

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 29 '14, 5:51 a.m.

Hi Brian, 

I hope I cleared all your queries! Do you need any other information?
do you have any useful information?

Brian Young commented Jan 29 '14, 4:06 p.m.

Hello Pramod,

I believe I now understand your concern.  You would like to be able to query RAM from SharePoint to collect information about assets in RAM and to store that information in SharePoint.

If that is correct then you may find the following developerWorks post to be of some use

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014209801

The infocenter link for your particular version of RAM (7.5.1.1) would be the following:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ram.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_extending.html

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 30 '14, 12:13 a.m.

Thank you Brian for your reply. I will try these out.

Pramod Chavan commented Jan 30 '14, 1:58 p.m.

Hi Brian,

The developerWorks post shared by you discusses making use of RSS Feeds(Actually this query was raised by one of our team member itself long back!). As of today we have this approach implementated. We want to move forward and are looking for more INTEGRATED approach.

By making use of feeds, result from RAM is displayed in a separate Sharepoint List/web part. Where as our requirement is to show RAM asset results along with Sharepoint results.
For example, when I run an enterprise search in Sharepoint, the results displayed should include assets from Sharepoint and RAM. 
We came to know that it is possible only if Sharepoint crawler has indexed all RAM asset data/info. So, we need to configure Sharepoint to access RAM DB2 database.

I like to know whether it is feasible to do so? any such connector exists?

Regards,
Pramod

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.