It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

howto limit the access to a build definition to a team

Steffen Kriese (381921) | asked Jan 24 '14, 5:49 a.m.
We have a team which is responsible for building, packaging and delivering our product. For the build and packing we use a special build definition which should be only accessible by this team. There is a team area where call "build team area" where only the release engineers are members. This team area is set as owner of the build definition.
My expectation was only the members of this team area can see and run this build definition. I reality all members of the project area can run the build definition. It looks like there is no difference in specifying a team or project area as owner of the build definition.
Is there a concept to limit build definitions to a team area?   
I'm running RTC 4.0.5

One answer

permanent link
Brian DiCola (29311415) | answered Jan 24 '14, 4:57 p.m.
I don't see a way to directly do what you want to do.  A couple other options.

1) Change visibility of the Repository Workspace configured in the Build Definition
2) Change Request Build permission to restrict to only the Release Engineer role.  You can allow developers to do personal build, but restrict from doing the server build.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.