It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get to the Gantt chart in a plan?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jan 24 '14, 3:55 a.m.
retagged Jan 29 '14, 3:49 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
I was sent this screencap of the Work Breakdown and Schedule "View as" in a plan.  However, I don't see this in my plan.

Is this only in certain templates? (ours is based on Scrum I believe)
When I open my plan, I have 4 tabs at the bottom (Notes, Planned Items, Charts, Links) and in the Planned Items tab, I can do view: Work Breakdown (on the right-hand side View As) but that doesn't do a Gantt chart.

Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jan 29 '14, 3:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For reference, the Help topic about work breakdown and schedule chart is here https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/t_viewing_gantt_chart_web.html

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jan 24 '14, 4:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
By default Gantt is not configured in WBS View in the Scrum template.
But there is already a existing view called Roadmap where the Gantt is pre configured.
The below steps will add the Gantt to the Work break down as well.

1. Edit the plan configuration by clicking on the 2 button after the View As drop down.
2. The plan configuration views comes up, In that select the Columns Display tab.
3. Add Accumulated Time Column.
4. This will add the gantt to your plan view click on OK and save the plan.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 24 '14, 6:48 a.m.

Okay, so that's close.  Is there an easy way to set predecessor/successor so that they show the arrows?  Or having them sort based on date/time started and date/time ended?

Aradhya K commented Jan 24 '14, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Scrum template the line in Gantt is drawn on the basis on the Depends on / Blocks links of the work items. You can add these columns as well to the plan and update them inline.

For sorting there are couple of options.
1. The Sorting option for the plan can be set as Planned time. This will sort the work items based on their starting date. 
2. Also you can click on the column header to sort based on the values in corresponding column.

varun ibm commented Jan 27 '14, 3:46 a.m.

Hi Aradhya,

Is it possible to set the constraint date " Start no earlier than" as well in Scrum template ? I created a timestamp attribute with kind of "Constraint date" but I am not able to display it right.

for eg: I have a task which will be worked for 2 sprints , hence I need to accumulated time to be showed for 30 days(15 days for each sprint).

Is it possible to plan an item for multiple iterations to show the accumulated time ?

Thanks
Varun 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.