It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSV Import into 'Large HTML' attribute

Dave Evans (14812646) | asked Jan 23 '14, 7:36 p.m.
edited Jan 24 '14, 7:07 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)

Hi,

What is the formatting requirements to import _formatted_ text into a 'Large HTML' attribute? I have a text file containing HTML codes such as "<br/>" for line returns, and <b>  <b/> for bold/end bold. When I import this into an HTML attribute, I am just seeing the HTML codes displayed in my blob of text.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments
Dave Evans commented Jan 24 '14, 11:23 a.m.

See, I like that my HTML codes above were automatically converted into proper formatting! Except I apparently typed the end bold code incorrectly... woops. Why doesn't my html attribute work this same way?!

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jan 24 '14, 7:05 a.m.
Hi Dave,
Not ready answer but I can tell you how I am checking that stuff - create new work item and write in large html field what you want to know how to import. Then export query with the work item to csv. Then you will see what is the format of exported field.
Let us know if that helps.

Comments
Dave Evans commented Jan 24 '14, 11:21 a.m.

I tried exporting to CSV before I posted this question. It appears that all HTML codes are stripped by the CSV Export functionality as I see plain, unformatted text with no HTML codes on an export of a n HTML attribute which had bold formatting.

I am still able to get the HTML codes when I use a report from RRDI or BIRT. However, if I re-import the output from the report into an HTML attribute, I am seeing the HTML codes rather than what the codes represent.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.