It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to share project configuration with other project

Jason Chan (379) | asked Jan 23 '14, 11:03 a.m.
Hi Guys, 

Currently I have 2 project area (under the same domain) and I have been customizing work items, enumeration, setting up roles and permission etc. etc. 

My pain is, after I have done it for one project, I have to do the same for others.... Is there a way such that one project area can share some part of the project configuration of the other one? 

In particular:
1. Permission
2. Role
3. Work Item Attribute
4. Work Item presentation 
5. Enumeration

I have tried the "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area" and select another project area. But nothing seems to happened.

Anyone can suggest what I can do about this? Much appreciated 

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 23 '14, 11:06 a.m.
 you have to create the second project properly with intent to share..

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_sharing_project_area_process_web.html&scope=null 

delta config and its limitations
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ConfigurationDataDeltaUserDoc

Comments
Jason Chan commented Jan 23 '14, 11:16 a.m.

Hi Sam, 

Does that mean I have to decide that the project area will inherit others at the time of creation?

As I can't see a place to change my project area template

sam detweiler commented Jan 23 '14, 11:34 a.m.

once u have customized your project to share, in eclipse, right click the open project name, and select extract process template.  

this will make i possible to create a project like this one.

I strongly recommend creating a NEW anchor project from this template. and then in the overview page, and click Share process area. 

then for project to SHARE, you create them with the unconfigured process template
(new project, no personality), then click USE and select the anchor (inherit anchor personality). 

then when the definition project changes, extract a NEW template, make a new anchor, and move the children to that new anchor. 

watch out for children that modify their config (if u allow it) as the will no longer inherit
(read the material in the 1st link)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.