It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RQM 4.0.4, can i copy few cases from one test plan to another

Gururaja Rao (171517) | asked Jan 23 '14, 6:40 a.m.
In RQM 4.0.4, I want to copy few cases from one test plan to another. How can i do this?

2 answers

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jan 23 '14, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you mean that while duplicating the testplan you want to copy only few testcase references and not all?

Comments
Gururaja Rao commented Jan 23 '14, 6:50 a.m.

No..want to remove few cases from one plan and add only those cases to another plan..can i do this?

Gururaja Rao commented Jan 23 '14, 6:59 a.m.

Additonally as you told, while duplicating a test plan..can we select only few cases and not all?

Reshma Ratnani commented Jan 23 '14, 7:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

While duplicating we dont have such option to select only few testcases.

Gururaja Rao commented Jan 23 '14, 7:14 a.m.

Sorry..if am confusing..Let me be more specific..Assume there is a plan with 100 cases and i want to copy some 20 cases to another plan..how can i do this in RQM 4.0.4?

Reshma Ratnani commented Jan 23 '14, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What I understand is as below

You open Testplan1 which has 100 testcases. Now you goto TestCases section of TestPlan1 and select 20 TestCases. Now you want to copy these selected testcases to TestPlan2. If this is your requirement then it is not possible

permanent link
Jörg Werner (3033781) | answered Jan 23 '14, 8:08 a.m.
My understanding is that you do not want to copy but to move test cases. Right?

I would open the new test plan and within test case section add the missing test cases.
Therafter I would open the old test plan, go again in the test case section and filter for test cases where the new test plan is also assigned. and then delete the test cases (or better the link to the test cases).

Kind regards, Jörg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.