It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am unable to open my design artifacts in editor in Rational Software Architect

Javaria Hameed (403547) | asked Jan 22 '14, 5:54 a.m.

I am unable to open my design artifacts in editor in Rational Software Architect, every time clicking on any artifact same message appears:

unable to open the editor, because the resource is not supported in rational software architect, show the element in web browser?

any idea?

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 22 '14, 6:26 a.m.

Hi,
What is the version of RSA, RSA DM and the client extension you are using?
Again, you cannot use a RSA DM Client extension version 3.0 with a RSA DM 4.0.x server.
Regards,
François

Javaria Hameed commented Jan 22 '14, 7:20 a.m.

my RSA client verison is 4.0.5

DM Version 4.0

RSA 9.0

Anthony Kesterton commented Jan 22 '14, 7:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

Just to check we understand this correctly - your RSA software is v9.0, and Design Manager is v4.0?  What is at v4.0.5 (is that an RTC plugin for example)?

So you can see a design artifact (for example - a UML diagram) but when you try and click on it to open the diagram - it shows you the error message.  Is this what is happening?

anthony

Javaria Hameed commented Jan 22 '14, 7:39 a.m.

I have installed RSA DM client V4.0.5

every time i click on any element in design explorer, error comes :

"unable to open the editor, because the resource is not supported in rational software architect, show the element in web browser? "

One answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 22 '14, 11:11 a.m.
Hi
Thanks for the clarification.
What type of resource did you create in your DM server?
This type of error is what you get when you have created a web sketch.
The editing of web sketch with the RSA client is unfortunately not supported.
Regards,
François.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.